Friday, May 21, 2010

No fun in the sun today...

Rain, rain go away come again in two weeks. LOL It has been another dreary day with only a peek of the sun.
My DH hosed off his lawnmower and trimmed some grass. He loves to work outside.
I mailed off my package for my Secret Pal who lives in Pa. and also the doll quilt swap to Iowa for Gladie. She lives on a dairy farm and has what sounds like a great life. But I know farming is  hard. We have a friend who owns 3 or 4 small farms which he plants. He loves the country life.
I received my Secret Pal box from Tanya in Arizona and she really gave me some wonderful stuff. The larger pieces of fabri c are 1/2 yds. Very generous and two kinds of chocolates. Yummo. I hope whomever got her name is equally as generous.
I am in another pincushion swap over at Block Central they are a lot of fun and people come up with the cutest ideas.  It doesn't start until June to give people time to make up their minds to join.
The big quilt show is in June and a lot of the Ohio members of HGTV quilt forum are coming again to GardenPat's house that is near the convention center downtown. I still don't know if I will attend even though I would love to go the show. I rode down last year with Britgal (Jennifer) who lives fairly close to me but I haven't heard from her and I hate to be the one to do the contacting.
Well that's it
Have a great weekend
Darlene

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always think about coming to Columbus for the quilt show, but every year it falls during the week that both daughters take the kids and go on vacation together. I don't like to drive that far alone any more. Hope you get to go.
Lillian