I watched a lot of the shows about this day 10 years ago. And it still bothers me to see those buildings come down with all the people in them. I was working that day and I remember not believing what I was seeing. It was so surreal.
I also remember the days after when the skies were so quiet. We live in the flight path for the airport . We hear planes all day usually.
I made my 37th block for the BOW Civil War QAL It is call ed Confederate Rose.
I bought this fall fabric and thought it looked good for this block. It's not a rose for sure.
I have laundry to do so I had better get started. Oh by the way I made an apple cake this week end and it turned out well.
Darlene

4 comments:
That's a perfect block for September - and I wish I had a piece of the apple cake.
I love the fall colors! And apple cake sounds SO good right about now. (Personally I avoided all 9/11 shows this year. Too depressing.)
Thanks for mentioning that the plant in my hanging basket is a wandering jew. I sure like how it grew and filled in my baskets this year. I see you are into making breads too. I've been getting a sour dough starter going this week and will be making the bread this weekend.
Thank you for stopping by! As you can tell, I'm not doing much quilting...well not much of anything. I LOVE my job, but 40 hours a week minimum away from the house has cut into my quilting/knitting/crocheting. I do a little project every so often, but nothing big. The poor quilt in the frame hasn't been touched in probably a year.
However, I am enjoying the babies!
You are using some perfect fabrics in your blocks!
Post a Comment