Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy May Day - glad it is finally here. We have had a mixture of weather - sun and rain and then more sun. It is 70° but feels more like 75°. A lot of humidity.
I have been making more dolls. This one has a great pattern I found thru another blogging site.
Also playing bingo on another crochet site and am in two mini quilt swaps and a Friendship swap. A kitchen swap too. I can hardly keep up.
The big quilt show here in Columbus is coming up in June but I haven't made up my mind to go or not. I have never been to the Convention Center but it is downtown so it wouldn't
be hard to find. I am going to try to get a ride with a gal who lives north of me. I have never met her but those gals feel like friends they are so nice.
Fixing spaghetti tonight for supper and garlic bread. I bought some fresh green beans to fix for the weekend too.
I remember when I was a kid May Day was special we made little baskets in school and gave them to our mothers. I still have one my mom gave back to me with some other stuff I had made. She kept a lot of stuff. My babybook is full to the gills she wrote down everything. She waited 7 years to have me after my brother so I was really wanted.

1 comment:

Holee said...

Wow Darlene, all those swaps! Looks like you are getting pretty comfortable with internet swapping!

Way to go, keep the mind working and the imagination too!