Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving...


I have my pie made, the veggies cut up for the dressing and will start the bread tonight. I used to make the dressing the night before the big day but switched to morning instead. I am going to cook it outside the turkey too. I like it in the turkey but sometimes it is kind of soupy and yuk.

I have been working on the doll quilt for the Nov-Dec doll quilt swap at the board and am ready to put it together. I also have to buy some things for a Christmas swap at Scrappyquilters. I don't know if we have partners or if it's round robin style.

I received my book Prairie Children and Their Doll Quilts by Kathleen Tracy this week from Ebay and it is so nice I can't wait to try some of them; I have her other book American Doll Quilts also and I love it too. She gives a lot of history in them and I enjoy reading it.

I was working on a crocheted doily and was on the 20th round when I felt like I didn't like it so I ripped it all out and will start a different one soon, I do that a lot and it just isn't worth it to keep going on something I don't like.

Have a great day tomorrow and thanks for reading
Darlene

No comments: