Friday, April 16, 2010

Rain is coming....

It is cloudy now after a pretty start to the day. We will have colder weather for a few days and then it will warm back up again. It was 81° yesterday.
I have started another doily that was a February mystery  at Crochet Box. It has a lot of flowers on the outer edge but I don't know if I will make as many as it calls for. I like flowered doilies but this is a lot of them.
Here is one I made a few years ago.
I have been reading some really good books lately. One was The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood. And another is Best Friends by Jennifer Weiner. I hope to find more by these authors. I have a book coming from Half. com The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. It is a movie now and my library doesn't have a copy.
Here is the doll quilt Rhonda made me for March. She also sent two fat quarters, some butterfly buttons, a patchwork bookmark and some ribbon roses with pearl hearts. Very nice of her to include these extras.
Have a great weekend.
Darlene

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the doily with the pretty flowers. Glad to be connected with you again at your new URL.
Lillian

Darlene's Quilts and Stuff said...

Thanks Lillian I couldn't figure out how to change it but finally happened on to it.