Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy Friday to all of you....

It has been a wonderful nice day not too hot and a little breeze.  I went to Meijer this morning and it was crowded which is unusual for an early morning but then I remembered that this is graduation weekend for the local seniors. People were out getting prepared for all of the partys.
I had been working on a challenge quilt for Little Quilts forum and somehow it is messed up so I am going to have to cut more rectangles for the blocks. And I thought I was doing well. There are only 5 blocks with the patchwork so it won't be hard.
I received this morning the nicest surprise from my friend Lillian of http://lillianscupboard.wordpress.com/  It is a blue ribbon winner of a potholder she entered in her county's fair. It is so cute. I love the little Dutch girl and the patchwork she did on it.
Thanks Lillian. I don't know how to do a very good Link. LOL.

I hope everyone has a wonderful three-day holiday weekend.

Darlene

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a wonderful picture - I have a set of those salt & pepper shakers, too.

I'll be looking forward to seeing the project you're working on now.

Have a nice Memorial Day weekend.
Lillian

Darlene's Quilts and Stuff said...

You too Liliian.