Hope this finds you doing well. We got lucky and had 1 ½" of rain yesterday. The grass was needing a good drink. My DH has been watering the front yard so now he can quit that for awhile.
Today we took a ride in our 1956 Chevrolet out in the country and stopped at some old friends' house.
It wasn't so hot when we took off but on the ride home it was starting to heat up. LOL We stopped at Culver's and got tenderloin sandwiches and took them home to eat in the AC.
He has had this car since 2004 after his best friend died, to give him something to do and keep busy. He has done a lot of work on it and it keeps getting better every year.
My DD didn't come over today they are having the root beer float sale at her store and they always ask her to work those Saturdays.
I haven't done any sewing this week but I have found an applique pattern I really like and may make that soon.
I am reading a book about West Virginia coal country and it is very interesting and hard to put down. The author grew up in those hills from what I can gather. Kaaren is having a BOM featuring Raggedy Ann and Andy; it is a 10 month BOM. starting soon so check it out.
Have a great evening
Darlene

4 comments:
Our grass is just about dead! We didn't get nearly enough rain but it is calling for more this week.
What is the name of the book you are reading?
Love that car! We had a 1957 Chevrolet when the kids were little. Nothing like fins on a car.
I'd also be interested in the name of the book you're reading.
Lillian
Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit and leaving a nice comment! Your car is so cool. I want to know the title of the book you're reading also. If it's that good I may want to put it on my Shelfari list. I love to read!
I like to know the title of the book too. Love the WH and car.
Post a Comment