Saturday, November 20, 2010

A cold and dreary Saturday.....

For the past two days it has been cloudy and sometimes foggy. 
I have bought the turkey and most of the vittles for the big day Thursday. I am making an apple-cranberry pie. I also will have 5 cup salad, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and rolls.  I really do not mind fixing this meal but this time I am using a bag to bake the turkey. It cooks much faster in one and very evenly. I will let you know how it goes.
I finished making 12 hexagon blocks but can't figure out how to put the quilt together. Part of the problem is that I removed the paper and they are floppy. 
DD was here today for lunch the time really flies because she only stays around 2 hours. She is coming Thursday too.
I am working on an embroidery thing I bought years ago and didn't finish. It is printed and also has colored in areas; the theme is cats and I will make a pillow for DD.
My ornaments for the swaps are finished but I haven't photographed them yet.  They turned out well and I have to mail them this coming week.
Have a great weekend and Thanksgiving.




Darlene

 

No comments: