Monday, January 31, 2011

The big wait is on...

and we are expecting a terrible storm overnight and into Tuesday. They have been talking about this for 3 days. Maybe we will get lucky and get missed. I can only hope.
I made my fifth block in the Civil War BOW over at Barbara Brackman's blog. This one was a little more complicated and took more time. I expect they will get harder as we go along.
My points aren't very even but I like the block itself.
We are starting the second mystery block over at QTS and it has a lot more pieces to work with. I need to cut out mine. I guess we have until the end of the month to show them.
I have started a new x-stitch just 3½" square so it shouldn't take long. I do these when I am watching TV and can't read or I miss the program. LOL.
I also joined a Flickr group that does old fashioned embroidery and uses them on everyday items. Some of these are really cute.
I found some iron-on patterns from Lee Wards that are pretty old I haven't decided what to make yet. I miss that store; I frequented it a lot.
I guess Block Central has shut down for good. The link doesn't even go to the site anymore. So sad for all of the nice ladies I met there.





Darlene

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your block looks great - I love the colors.