Thursday, January 27, 2011

Late January ...

and we still are having cloudy and cold days. I guess we should be grateful here to not have too much snow like the eastern states are getting.
I usually don't pay much attention to the weather but my husband is the type of person who really gets down when it is cloudy most of the time. When the sun comes out and even very cold he loves it. 
I belong to a ton of forums and websites and enjoy reading them and making new friends. One of them Block Central has shut down. When you go there it says they are doing maintenance but it hasn't been up and running for almost a month. I hope the owner Kim is okay. Since I got my computer in 2004 I have made a lot of friends and acquaintances.  It is one of the greatest things in my life.  For several years I was on a ton of crochet sites and now I am enjoying quilting sites. I rarely crochet anymore although I haven't given it up. It's just that quilting has taken over.LOL
This  is a mystery block I made this week. You start with 8 plain squares size 4" and 8 printed squares at 4". Then you cut them in half for the triangles and put together a design of your own for a 12" finished block.  I thought this was a lot of fun. Can't wait to get the next one going. The name of the group is Quilting to Share. They are all so nice and helpful over at Yuku I really enjoy going there.
Thanks for reading
Darlene

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You changed your blog layout -- it looks really nice. And I love the little dog graphic.
Lillian