Saturday, March 12, 2011

It's a beautiful day...

although it is windy. The temp right now is 59°. 
I just finished the 11th block of the Civil War BOW at Barbara Brackman's blog. This one gave me fits and I didn't trim it for the photo very well. But it is done and I am glad.It is called Londonsquare.




My DD was here for lunch and I made us Reuben's (sans the sauerkraut for her).
I have been making the 9 patch squares for my new quilt and have only 12 to go. There are 49 and 36 4 patch. Then I have to cut 84 rectangles to complete it. On the blog Quilt Happy, Quilt Often she is offering a BOM called Home Sweet Home. It involves embroidery and quilting. You can find it here http://pacificpatchwork.typepad.com/quilt_happy_quilt_often/.
It is a lot of fun to do and not too hard.
Have a great weekend
Darlene 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The center part of that block was tricky.

I'm going to check out the BOM web site and see how much embroidery there is.
Lillian