Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy Saturday

and happy spring which starts tomorrow.
Warmer and sunny today but rain Sunday.
I made the 12th block of the Civil War BOW from Barbara Brackman's blog It is called Louisiana.




This one was pretty easy peasy.
I also wanted to share a photo of my Christmas cactus which opened it's blooms yesterday. Mind you it didn't bloom Christmas so maybe it is a spring cactus. LOL



There are a few more buds that haven't got to the blooming stage.
I used to have a lot of houseplants but slowly I have gotten rid of them. Some were over 20 years old and didn't look very good like my jade plant I babied a long.
I also had a ficus plant that touched the ceiling. The old plants aren't interesting after awhile.
Hope you are having a great weekend.



                              Darlene

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like your block because all of the colors stand out - mine kind of blended together.

Also love the Christmas cactus. To me, a house plant that just survives is a miracle.

Lillian