Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy belated Labor Day...

it has really cooled off here. It is only 55° at 8;25 am. I love cooler temps myself.
I have finished #36 Kentucky Crossroads for the Bow CW block




I didn't like making this one but at least I did it. LOL
I am trying to find a good recipe for Salt Rising bread. I tried one last night and it was like a brick. This bread is really different because you make a sponge and have to keep it warm at all times.
 I have finished my large Counted Cross Stitch project even though it had more across the bottom of the people ,  I left them off.
 I am going to hang it when I can figure out how.
I am already doing another one it is a sampler like done in the 1600's.
Have a great week
Darlene

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good block with the green fabrics.

Love the cross-stitch with all the different figures.

I believe I only tried salt-rising bread once many years ago. If I didn't save the recipe, it probably didn't work out that well for me. I do like that kind of bread, though.

Lillian

Shannon Breen said...

I love that block with green. SO pretty.

I haven't done a big counted cross-stitch project like that in YEARS, so I'm impressed. I really like it with all the Colonial figures.