Thursday, September 25, 2008


I never thought I would see a hurricane in Ohio but that is what happened on September 14th. We had winds up to 75 MPH in gusts with steady winds at 40 MPH. Our lights went out at 3:15 PM that Sunday and didn't come back on until the following Friday at 4:45 PM. You talk about being in such a quandary with no TV computer or lights. I hadn't done the laundry for awhile so we were getting low on clothes. I was bound and determined not to go to a laudromat. The thing was the rest of the 550 homes came back on on Tuesday and 43 homes around the neighborhood were still in the dark. We called so many times about this I can't count. I guess when the majority of homes got their power it blew a tranformer to the 43 homes.

It really teaches you humility and I guess because it was summer and we needed no heat it took a little longer over 400,00 homes and businesses lost power. There were people really suffering because of health problems like oxygen users and such.

I made the tote bag during our blackout.
Anyway things are great again.

1 comment:

Dragonflymom said...

Wow!! that must have been something to see. I love the tote bag