Thursday, April 16, 2009


It is a beautiful day today after three days of raining. We needed it but enough is enough. So it is 61° but windy.

I have started making a crocheted thing for a partner in a swap. It will be cute and not too much trouble to mail.

I am still thinking about what to make for the new mini swap. I have a few ideas I am kicking around but then I see something else and think well maybe this would be good. LOL.

Maggie's heartworm meds came today. I can't believe I saved $17 by ordering them online. I have also switched vets and he only charged $82 for shots and office call where we were paying $159.50 last year well no more I say. The new vet doesn't dispense the HW meds oh and they are generic which I take a lot of generics myself. All there is in his office is a desk, 3 chairs for patients' humans, a screen with a table behind it to put the pet on and that's it. My old vet there were 6 vets, about 30 women from assts. to receptionists and groomers. It was a class place but who needs it I was paying for all of that.

We went to a Kmart this week and I still like Kmart but they need to clean up this store where we were. It is old and you can tell it. Our Walmart is about 12 years old and they keep working on it still.
The mini quilt above is one I started in January and finally finished in March. It urned out pretty good. I satin stitched the appliques and everything.

1 comment:

Holee said...

The quilt is cute. I love the teapot.

I always buy the dogs meds on line. It's cheaper and he gets a free bone which he thinks is neat.