It is only about 11°right now way too cold for me. Have stayed home today, cleaned my bathroom, DH cleans his own. Also ran the sweeper in the whole upstairs.
I also made some great bean soup. I took ½ pound of Navy beans and soaked them in about a quart of water after boiling about 2 minutes. These soaked for about 6-7 hours. Drained all of the water and re- filled with fresh water. Chopped up 1 large carrot in small pieces, a stalk of celery and about 2-3 tablespoons of onion.
I bought some Ham Flavoring in the soup aisle (we used this in food service) and I put about a teaspoon full of this in the water along with small pieces of ham I had frozen. Do not add salt but pepper is okay. I cooked this on medium for two hours and it was so good. Oh and I chopped up a small potato and put it in after an hour of cooking for DH. This is sort of my take on Senate Bean Soup which is an old
recipe. My parents loved bean soup even though my dad couldn't eat many of the beans he loved the flavor of the broth. I also made Jiffy cornbread to go with this.
I am reading a good book called The First Patient it is a mystery about the White House.

1 comment:
Your bean soup and cornbread sound so good. I've also used the ham flavoring when I want to cut down on fat and calories.
Lillian
Post a Comment