Friday, January 15, 2010

A warmer Friday ....

Finally a break from the extreme cold weather it is 41° right now at 3 o'clock. Cloudy too.

We went to the store this morning. Then at 11 am took our cat Pancho to the vet for his rabies shot. The vet really liked him said he was unusual because he has extra toes on his back feet not just his front feet. I never noticed this before but his front paws are so cute he has thumbs really. I have seen him pick up a piece of cat food with them. He said Panchy is lucky to have someone who cares for him so much. That made me feel good.

I am making chili for supper.

I use 1 lb. ground chuck, half of a large onion chopped - fry this together and then drain well. Add 1 can tomato soup plus 1 soup can of water. Stir in 1 can Brooks Hot Chili beans and sprinkle over entire pot, Mexene chili powder or any chili powder you have. Cook about 1 hour and 15 minutes over medium heat. We add cooked spaghetti to this which I break in half before boiling. This is the way my Mom cooked it. We sprinkle shredded Cheddar over this after its ladled up. Enjoy.

I couldn't find Mexene chili powder around here anymore so I emailed the company and ordered 3 -2 oz. bottles I keep the extra in the freezer to keep it fresh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's exactly how I make chili. I also like the Mexene chili powder.
I don't care for spaghetti with my chili but always made it for my husband.

What a beautiful cat!
Lillian