Thursday, January 7, 2010

It is snowing...

It is snowing pretty hard right now 4-6" by tomorrow morning they say. Yuk!
Well it has been a long time since I was here and a lot has happened. Christmas was quiet and New Year's was too. LOL. My DH and I didn't exchange gifts since we really didn't need anything so we can get things when we really need them. Our DD liked our gifts to her which were mainly clothes.

I have been busy making a challenge quilt for Small Quilts group and it turned out pretty good. It is the Bear Paw one from Kathy's book Prairie Children and Their Quilts. This is a photo I took.
Now I am working on a St. Patrick's candle mat for a swap at Quilted Table. This is a new group for me and I am excited to do this. I think I have figured out what to make. I haven't received my secret partner's name yet but should have it soon.
I am also going to be in a pillow case swap at Block Central sometime in February. I made a practice pillow case and it turned out great I didn't get a photo of it before I gave it to my DD. We will get our partners sometime next week. Betty is running it and we may have one every 3 - 4 months. I wish you could buy single sheets instead of sets all the time. I really need to get some fabric for this one.
I had lunch with my friend Karol at Cracker Barrel on New Year's Day and saw some really pretty quilts there at reasonable prices. They were all embroidered and machine quilted.
Thanks for reading

No comments: