Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hey it's Saturday---

Well it has been a pretty good day. DD arrived after missing last weekend, because of a broken windshield in their van, which is fixed now. She is having surgery Wednesday morning to have a pump put in for the Baclovan to help her walk and move around a lot better. She has been like a lump now for over a year and that's not like her. She has walked on a walker since she was 5 years old and even walked in all the schools she went to. But with age and stuff she has really slowed down and it frustrates her. We will get up there before she goes into surgery and when she comes out. The staff will be there too around the clock.


I have been making pillow cases for my partner at BC, Jean, and they are fun to make. I have also finished the St Pat candle mat and it is ready to mail.


I am not in the doll quilt swap for February because I guess I am burned out and want to do something else. I have been in every one since last April.


I made an apple pie-like dish for supper. And next time I will use a firmer apple. The granny smith's turned to mush. It also called for brown sugar besides the white and it was too much for my taste. So I will change that too. This dish only has a top crust so that was interesting.

This is a sunflower block I made for the BOM on the Board.


Have a great weekend
Darlene

1 comment:

Renée's Country Crafts LLC said...

Such a pretty block.
I am glad I found your blog.
It is wonderful.

I tried following it, but I couldn't find anything to click on.

I am new to this blogging thing, and still trying to figure it out.

Renee from Ohio Quilters