Sunday, March 14, 2010

Gloomy day but no rain....

This is a little pincushion I made for a swap over at Block Central it is only 4" across.

We have had rain all day Saturday and our back yard has two ponds LOL. But it is better than more snow.


I have been making meatballs some for spaghetti later and some for subs later this week. Have to get the buns first. Have you ever started talking about eating something and then you just have to go make it. That's what happened with the meatballs. I got the recipe at Pioneer Woman's blog. She is so fun and is a great cook. I also have a friend in Cincinnati - Lillian who is a great cook. I use her recipes all the time. Her blog is very informative and creative.


I can't believe this but I am not doing the schoolhouse block swap at SQA because they had so many color rules I would rather make my own. I would have had to buy a lot of new fabric. I am cheap when it comes to swaps like to use my stash. I hope they aren't upset that I pulled out. They are really nice.
And this is the doll quilt I made for a swap at the Board. I usually do applique but decided to do something harder.
Thanks for reading and hope your day is going well
Darlene


3 comments:

Sherry said...

Hello! Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your comment on my DM and DA. DA was younger, but she'd "whup" her older sister when they were just kids. LOL

I've been playing with the template on my blog trying to change it. I knew that what I tried last wouldn't work but just hadn't taken the time to find something else. Come back visiting again soon!

Dorothy said...

Love your hat pincushion!

Dorothy

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful pin cushion - had to be a little difficult to work on it since it's so small.

Those meatballs sound so delicious. I'm the only one in the family who likes ground beef so I don't make them often.

Also, thank you for the nice compliment.