Friday, May 7, 2010

Warm, windy and mostly cloudy...

We are experiencing some really warm days this week. Now there is a tornado watch for a fourth of the state. I can just hope it is a watch only.
I have finally started my doll quilt for May. It is a churn dash from Debbie Mumm's site.  Some of the directions are not real clear but I am just taking my time. I bought a new iron today a gift for myself for Mother's Day. It is a Shark electronic iron and is pretty nifty. My old one has a scorched place on the plate and I was unable to remove it. I will keep it for back up.
I have two doilies started and a red work embroidery too. But I just sit and read a wonderful book called The American Wife it is based loosely on the Bush's or that is what I think anyway.
Oh and by the way I got The Farmer's Wives  quilting book and CD thru Half.com I became interested in it when my friend Lillian told about her copy. I copy her recipes and her books too. LOL
That is it

Have a Happy Mother's Day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I envy you the new iron. I already had three old but usable irons when my daughter moved in with a fourth one, so I can't justify getting a new one right now.

Glad to hear you got the Farmer's Wife book/CD. I'll be looking forward to seeing the interesting things you do with it.
Lillian