I have started my Pumpkin wall hanging finally after having cut it out last week. I received mine from Gail in Ontario, Canada. isn't it pretty?
She also sent me a pattern and a really pretty pin from her local guild. The swap was at Quilted Table.
We transplanted a Rose of Sharon bush out of the flower bed and into the back yard. I had already moved one last year and it is getting big. I have this crazy vine growing over there and thought it was a kudzu vine. But online sites didn't mention red berries on the kudzu so mine is something else. It really grows fast and covered some bushes I had there. I ripped out as much as I could.
I have started the Val Laird BOM embroidery blocks and have 6 more to do. You combine fabric inserts and embroidery to make these wonderful blocks.
With summer winding down there is yard work to do like dividing overgrown perennials and cutting off dead flowers.
I had my first cataract removed a week ago tomorrow and will have the next one done the end of the month.
I hope you all are getting some relief from the heat.

1 comment:
The pumpkin wall hanging is so pretty. I'm about ready to start on fall-themed projects.
I love Rose of Sharon. We used to have several colors at our house in the country. I have one large white one here.
I'll be anxious to see the Val Laird BOM blocks when they're finished.
Lillian
Post a Comment