Monday, August 2, 2010

July is gone...

It is pretty hot here and very little breeze. I did laundry, cleaned the big bathroom and cooked supper and that is about it. 
I can't get going on making anything right now. I have begun the BOM  that Kaaren at The Painted Quilt has started but only part of the way through.   Annie is finished and Andy is waiting. LOL I am going to try to do the whole thing. I love the looks of it. She gives complete instructions.
I am on Firefox now instead of IE. It is really different in the way I am used to but I like it. A lot of my online friends use it and have encouraged us to try it. I kept IE for DH. 
We have had our computer for about 6 years and I can't believe how much I have learned from it. DH calls me a guru but you just have to jump in and learn stuff on your own. When we had AOL it was very discouraging.  Switching to Roadrunner was a life altering (well kind of) experience. Our life is much more enjoyable on the computer now.  I belong to a lot of forums and have met so many wonderful people. Now that I am into blogging another world opened up.  My brother who has had a computer for many years  can't believe that I have called and talked to Microsoft two times.  They have helped a lot but because XP will expire it's help this year I may be up a creek without a paddle if troubles arise. LOL.
People are so excited about the Bachelorette that's on tonight we have never gotten into  it. We watch The American Pickers and the other shows on the History Channel.
That's it for now
Darlene






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Darlene, we've never talked on the phone about American Pickers. Both Nancy and I love that show.

Thinking about you especially today.
Lillian