Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What a great day----

First of all I want to say my cataract surgeries are over and they were a success. My dr. seemed really pleased at the outcome of the last one which was the tricky one.
I received quite a surprise in my mailbox it is a rooster needle punched cutie. It was from my friend Lillian and also included a sweet card and a cute rooster bookmark which is downstairs in my library book. Thanks Lillian I love it.
It has been pretty warm today around 90° but with a good breeze and low humidity. I wish it would stop I am so tired of this hot weather.
I mailed the pumpkin wall hanging to Diane in Louisiana Monday and she received it today. She said she loved purple so that was good. Here is a photo

I am in a different kind of challenge where they mail us 3 different paint chips and we are to find fabrics to match and can include one thing from our stash and make a quilted item with it. I need to look at Joann's before I can start figuring out what to make. I also signed up for a Secret Santa swap for later on in the Fall. I haven't done one of these before. Looking forward to it.
I hope you are having a good September 1st
Darlene

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pumpkin wall hanging turned out really cute. She should enjoy having it to display all through the fall season.

Lillian