Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cooler weather ahead....

It is a sunny morning and nice and cool. We had 90's all week, whew!
Yesterday I bought two cans of pumpkin for a pie and Coolwhip. But I forgot the evaporated milk. So this morning I hurry down to the little corner store and it's not open (this is 7:15 am). So I thought I will run to Walmart I know it's open.  I got two cans of Carnation because I will be making another pie soon. I run back home watch Fons and Porter on PBS. Jump up and start the pie dough I always use a 10" pie dish for these because it makes a lot of filling.
Of course I have trouble with it sticking but manage to get it rolled out and start to make my filling. I use cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and no cloves which I can't stand. The spice contains a little but not much.
I get it in the oven and watch Sewing with Nancy and it is good about Amish quilts.
I have the dishes washed, the pie done and cooling and it is only 8:45am how great is that?
 I always let the pie cool on the counter and then refrigerate to get cold I love cold pumpkin pie.
I have picked out my pattern for the mini quilt swap at HGTV and it is so cute of a Santa with buttons for a beard. I can't wait to start it. It's not due until the middle of November.
I am doing well on my Xstitch picture and I hope to have it framed when I am done. They have coupons to have it done professionally at Joann's or Hobby Lobby.
My DH is doing well and I have been cleared of doing drops for my eyes. I graduated so to speak. LOL I don't even have to get new glasses if I want. Yeah!
Have a wonderful weekend     Darlene

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was such a good blog - I loved hearing your adventures getting a pie in and out of the oven by 8:45 AM! I'm like you - I don't like cloves either.

They even had mention on the local news yesterday that pumpkin is back in the stores. I'm so glad it's back this early so people can make all their favorites. I'm planning to make a pumpkin pie for dessert this Sunday.
Lillian

Darlene's Quilts and Stuff said...

I know I thought I would buy two cans just to be on the safe side.