Saturday, September 18, 2010

It has been a wonderful Saturday here in Ohio...

especially since my DH is home after 10 days in the hospital.
The cat, dog and our daughter were so glad to see him. I was the lone visitor.
Our DD came today for her regular visit and it was good to see her. She went to a concert last week and saw Reba McIntyre and had her shirt on. She has been to many concerts over the years and even saw Celine Dion one time. A customer in her store gave her two $200.00 tickets to see it. She hasn't seen that lady since. If you are reading this we all thank you.  DD is a greeter at a local Kroger.
I have been working on a counted cross stitch picture and am enjoying it immensely. Now that I can see good again. LOL
The yard is in a brown state now and is so dry. My flowers are still going strong since they don't get much sun. I am going to bring in my hanging geranium plant and try to save it over the winter in the basement. I have to read up on that.
I love fall decorations and want to get them out this week. When I did ceramics I made a lot of Halloween items that I have had for many years and I never get tired of looking at them.
We have had very cool mornings and warm afternoons. I hope the rest of the country has been relieved of the very hot temps. 
Hope you are having a quilty day
Darlene


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw this post - my Feedblitz isn't "feeding" your posts to me as it should.

That's wonderful that your daughter got to see such a good concert. That was a very kind lady to give her such expensive tickets.

You'll have to post some pictures of your ceramic Halloween items. I'd love to see them.
Lillian

Darlene's Quilts and Stuff said...

Ok I will do that later today.