I want to share this brownie recipe with you from an old cookbook I got in 1965 during the Vietnam war. It is called Salute to Cooking and I bought it from a woman I worked with. Her husband was in the service.
BROWNIES
Grease bottom only of a 8" square pan.
2/3 cup flour, 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/3 cup butter or stk. margarine, 2 squares unsweetened chocolate, 2 eggs beaten, 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla and 1 cup broken nuts (opt.)Melt in a small bowl in the microwave the butter and chocolate squares, then stir well.
In a larger bowl mix together flour, salt and baking powder. Add chocolate mixture, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Stir until well blended. Add nuts if desired.
Bake at 350° for 18 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool cut and frost if desired.
2 comments:
Those brownies look so good and they have plenty of nuts in them, which I love.
Also love that wooden cheese box in the background.
Thanks Lillian I also have a big round cheese box from a dairy that was here years ago.
Post a Comment