Friday, October 15, 2010

Chilly Friday

A little rain and now sunshine.  We need the rain so badly.
I haven't done much in the way of sewing I did make a pumpkin pin cushion but I think I will try something else. They don't take very long to make and I have a lot of patterns from the Web.
I also finished a book by Peter Perelli called Francesca's Kitchen and it is such a good well written book.  I had read another book of his awhile ago.
I am now reading The Birthdays and it's an easy read too.
My Ohio friends from HGTV are having a get together on Tuesday but I chose not to attend and I probably won't go to another quilt show either. It's a long story but I wish them well.
Maggie our dog is getting groomed today I was almost ashamed to take her in there; she was in bad shape since July was her last one.
 She always does well for these gals but not for me. LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting the name/author of the book. I couldn't remember it.

You should post a picture of the pincushion - I'd like to see how that turned out.

Lillian

Holee said...

Oh no..doesn't sound like the quilt show was a good one for you. I'm having second thoughts about going to the big retreat in NC this spring...I did go to one in Houston in August but was not well at all and had a hard time hiding how bad I felt.

I'm not missing the cold, but we are having some food yearning..lol, they just don't get lebonon balony in Texas! I'll be flying to Pittsburgh to go to my doctors in Dec. and I'm bringing a small thermo bag..Funny how you just can't adjust sometimes.