We have some snow on the ground and a little more on the way. First we are going to have freezing rain. Yuk!!
Anyway we went to a friend's surprise 80th birthday party Saturday night. It was very nice with good food like a potluck dinner and a beautiful cake. I even won a tin of mixed nuts in a little game they played. So about an hour after we came home I got so sick I felt like I was going to die. I guess I had some kind of food poisoning. The only thing I could figure out it was the cheese dip in a Crockpot. It did taste okay.
I opened my Secret Santa gifts this morning and I received a lot of very nice things. The only things I didn't get a photo of was a beautiful Christmas mug and a box of chocolate covered cherries.
My partner was Bea in Washington state. Thanks.
I have my shopping finished just have to wrap it all and put under the tree.
Most of the cookies I made are gone (which I knew that would happen) but I think I will bake some more but a different kind.
I am also going to make peanut butter fudge for DH he really loves it. It's very easy recipe:
Peanut Butter Fudge
3 cups sugar, 3/4 cup milk and 1 tbsp. butter Mix together in a large saucepan and bring to a rolling boil. Cook and stir for 5 minutes
Remove from heat and add 2 cups mini marshmallows and 1 18 oz. jar creamy peanut butter,
stir well and pour into a buttered large glass dish around 9 x 12". Cut into squares and store on counter in covered container. This is an old recipe from the 70's. Enjoy!!!
***This recipe has been corrected 12/22/10.
DARLENE


1 comment:
I'm so sorry you got sick after such a nice party.
Your Secret Santa gifts look wonderful - what a nice Santa!
That's the peanut butter fudge recipe I use. Shannon is the one in the family who wants this every year.
Sure hope the snow doesn't get too bad on Christmas Eve - that's when everybody comes to my house.
Post a Comment