I want to share with you my beautiful "new" old machine I got Tuesday.
She was on Ebay and was listed right here in Columbus. It really saved on shipping to go and pick up than to put out over $36. She is in fantastic shape but I have to work on the tension. My DH made a new cord seeing that the old one was frayed and stiff being made of fabric. She was born in 1925 in New Jersey and is a model 99. There were 15, 000 of these released at that time. I believe the case is either mahogany or walnut. It is in really good condition. The bar in front of the machine is the knee control. So unique to me.
I am making a tabletopper and I just have to quilt and bind it.
Then I want to join my friend Lillian and make the Civil War blocks she talked about on her blog http://lillianscupboard.wordpress.com/. Thanks for the tip.
Have a great weekend


1 comment:
I've been waiting to see the picture of the sewing machine - beautiful. It looks to be in wonderful shape.
Isn't that a good idea to make a Civil War quilt? I can't wait for the next block.
Lillian
Post a Comment