Saturday, April 16, 2011

Another block...

for the Civil War BOW finished. This time #16 called White House. 




I don't know what the connection is but it is a nice block.
I don't read all of Barbara Brackman's stories but she is a great writer on the Civil War.
We got pizza for supper and I made brownies earlier. 
Nobody in my immediate family was in a war but here is a photo of my Mother taken during WW2 she was so young.

Mom and Dad were married in 1936. My brother was born in 1937 and I was born in 1944, My sister in 1946. My dad worked at a GM plant making parts for planes to go to the war.  So I guess he did his part.

Darlene





 


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the colors you used in your White House block.

Love the picture of your mother - so typical of the World War II girls. Whose hat was she wearing?
Lillian