Monday, June 13, 2011

A cool Monday here...

and it's nice for a change. I have had some kind of virus now for a week. But at least now my appetite is back and food tastes good again.
I made my 24th block for Barbara Brackman's blog called Ladies Aid Album. 




It's not very colorful.  I have really enjoyed making these blocks along with thousands of other people over the world. So many different fabrics and combos. 
I recently read a wonderful book about a family who had to make tough choices. It is called While My Sister Sleeps by Barbara Delinsky.  If you get a chance to read it it has some very good lessons.
For my birthday my DD got me  Chicken Soup for the Soul for Dog Lovers.  These books are wonderful too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better and able to eat again. I'll make a note of those two books to see if I can get them at the library.

Nice job on the Civil War block.

Love that big heart with your name in gold.