Monday, June 27, 2011

Happy Monday....

Wow it has been really nice the last two days but is clouding up now. Supposed to get rain the next few days.
I have made the 26th block of Barbara Brackman's blog's BOW Civil War. It is called Barbara Frietchie Star.
I have been doing a lot of crocheting and x stitch this summer.
I really love making small doilies and pot holders.




These are the ones I have made so far.
I recently learned that Kaaren Johnston is ill and won't be blogging for awhile. I hope things go well for her. Also Kathy at Sentimental Quilter had a serious surgery but is on the mend. These two ladies are the nicest generous ladies in the blog world and I wish them the best.
I have this problem with my dog Maggie. She is in need of grooming and I would take her in an instant but she seems to be tired of it. A vet I took her to put her kennel cough medicine up her nose instead of a shot. Now she won't let anyone come near her head with anything like scissors. Her head is in terrible shape and messy as all get out. I am going to call the groomer and see what she thinks. After all Maggie bit her last time when she was trimming her nails. She wouldn't let me even see it. 
Hope you have a great week.





Darlene

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Civil War block looks perfect and the fabrics are so pretty.

I had to get a closeup of the doilies - the one with the flower in the center is especially nice.

I hope you can find a way to cope with Maggie and the groomer.

Lillian

Sherry said...

Very nice doilies. I have several that my great grandmother made.

We got a little rain today...just a little. Sigh...One day...