Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July 27th.....

it is going to be another nice day here in Buckeyeland. High 88° and less humid.  I just got back from getting a mammogram. Those digital things are great no more x rays.
I have finished the 30th block for Barbara's BOW Civil War blocks. This one is called Petersons Stars and Stripes.
I liked this one because it is applique. I need to do 28 and 29 but can't figure out what fabrics I want for them.
I also want to share some x stitch projects I have done this summer. Since getting my cataracts taken care of last year I can see so much better now and recently started again.




I have a lot of baby tomatoes growing on my 3 plants and the Sweet 100 are producing a lot too.  I am going to freeze some of the tomatoes for the winter for soup making. I don't want to can them.
We have had some good sweet corn so far this summer. I love corn on the cob.  I made some strawberry freezer jam too.
Thanks for looking and stopping in



Darlene

2 comments:

Window On The Prairie said...

I had a digital mammogram too for the first time, and was happy not to be x rayed either. Supposed to be more accurate too.
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

I love the fabric you used for the star applique. Also, envy you the ability to do those tiny cross-stitch patterns.

That strawberry jam sounds so good.