Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood...

even though I had a dental appointment this morning. She has been my dentist since 1995 is originally from Venezuela and her staff are from Cambodia.  I love them all.
We have had bad luck this summer with patio umbrellas. The first one was too big and the thing wouldn't wind down after a month. The second one was red and I liked it but one of the ribs broke so we had to return it. Today I bought a 6 ft.model for $10.00 it is red too and just right. It will probably last 10 years. LOL.
I received my box yesterday from my Secret Pal at the Board. Her name is Sarah and she really outdid herself.  Thanks Sarah.




She lives in Michigan and got the honey locally.

I also finished block 34 of the BOW CW blog of Barbara Brackman's. It is called Rosebud and I enjoyed making it. I hadn't trimmed around the outside before I took the photo so it looks kind of crooked but it turned out exactly 8 1/2 ".
School started today in our area. I remember those days well. I had to walk to school most of the time. In 7th & 8th grade we rode to another area  on the school bus. I loved those years especially.
Hope you have a great evening
DARLENE


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great box of stuff! I noticed the honey and a Cadbury bar.

Your block is great - I really like the bright colors and everything meets so well in the center.

Darlene's Quilts and Stuff said...

Thanks Lillian Sarah was so generous.